Earlier this evening I posted this picture onto social media and challenged my friends to try the drink for 3 days and see what happens. The photo blew up with people wanting to accept my challenge, and the questions came pouring in like crazy.
So in order to simplify, I’m turning this into a blog post in order to answer all the questions that I was bombarded with.
First, the recipe…
Apple Cider Vinegar Lemon and Cayenne Colon Cleanse Recipe
- 2 cups of lukewarm or hot water (whichever you prefer)
- 1-2 tsp apple cider vinegar (I will do up to 2 TB)
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1-2 drops of therapeutic grade lemon oil
- Optional: 1-2 TB maple syrup to sweeten
Mix everything together, and drink before your meal.
For the purpose of this challenge, you should drink 3 glasses a day (before every meal) for 3 days.
The apple cider vinegar contains pectin, which suppresses appetite. It will make you feel fuller and more satisfied. The acid in it helps with digestion, and ensures that you’re more likely to achieve thorough digestion of your food. It also reduces the amount of time that fats stay in the digestive tract, meaning they are less likely to be absorbed fully. Lemon oil and cayenne also work to suppress appetite, and flush the colon of toxins.
So basically, you’re giving yourself an amazing appetite suppressant as well as something that helps your body quickly digest and flush out toxins!
So are you ready to take my dare?
- In order to participate, leave your current weight in the comments below and also be sure to take a picture of yourself.
- Then after the 3 days are up, check your weight again and report here.
- Be sure to also take an after photo, so that you can see the visual change.